[governance] Next IGF consultations

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Mon Jan 8 10:27:20 EST 2007

>All,
>
>it's just one month to Feb 13, the first IGF-07 consultation, so
>perhaps we should start to discuss what do we want to do for that
>event. Do we want to have a statement?
>
>I think that we could try to draft a statement about one or more of
>the following matters (additions welcome):
>- main subjects for the IGF 2007
>- structure and membership of the next IGF-AG
>- dynamic coalitions: how they work, what do we do with the outputs etc

coalitions -- would be good if the caucus to coordinate with civil
society members of these groups and see what they feel they need.
Not all we heard of in Athens seem to have sent descriptions to the
coalition page  <http://www.intgovforum.org/Dynamic%20Coalitions.php>
5 there now.  I think there were more proposed in Athens.?

I think it would be a boost to the standing of the coalitions in the
overall process if each could report on what they've done since
Athens.  Short summary would be good to see before the Advisory Group
meeting on Feb 12.

>What does the caucus think?

I thought people wanted to know what was happening with enhanced
cooperation and someone would draft a letter to Nitin Desai asking
for an update (so we'd know how to approach the question in the
consultation.)

Nothing to report from the advisory group, not news since the
confirmation of the meeting dates last December 21st. Would be good
to hear news of the stock taking exercise, but may not be for a
couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Adam

     governance at lists.cpsr.org