[governance] Host country agreement

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 05:48:33 EST 2007

Safety and security

Brazilian authorities have developed strategies for foreigners to make sure
they don't stand out as obvious targets for criminals. I don't have a copy,
but I know it includes things like :
don't leave anything valuable in your room: use the hotel safe;
not wandering off by yourselves unless accompanied by someone who knows the
terrain;
carry only the very basic and no cameras, expensive watches, ipods, discman/
walkman;
blend in - avoid looking like a tourist. "shorts with black socks and closed
shoes" has become legendary.
etc