[governance] CONSENSUS CALL - Statement for the IGF consultations

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Sat Feb 10 11:02:34 EST 2007

All,

I am attaching the (expectedly) final version of our statement for
Tuesday, and launching a formal consensus call on it.

Please anyone who wishes to express consensus on the statement, or
anyone having strong objections to it, say so before Monday, 4pm UTC. (I
would ask people to live by the statement if they really do not have
strong objections, all in all I think it reflects the discussion so far.)

The only changes in this version, in respect to the one posted a few
hours ago, are Ken's note on the number of CS members (which became
"about five" from "five or less") and two lines by Parminder on IGF
funding at the end of the first page (pretty neutral I'd say). Anyway, I
left all redlining in respect to version 1.

Separately, I am still asking people to state consensus or opposition
(if having a clear opinion) on the addition of the sentence "We think
that, as per comma (j) of the IGF mandate, the legal nature and working
structure of ICANN should be among the matters discussed in Rio, as long
as this does not prevent the IGF from paying adequate attention to all
the other themes.", in replacement of "Inside civil society, there are
different points of view about this matter;", in the second-last para.
This will shape another decision by the coordinators on Monday afternoon.

Thanks,
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------