[governance] Caucus at IGF stock taking meeting

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 09:37:45 EST 2007

On 2/3/07, Parminder <parminder at itforchange.net> wrote:

> > On 2/2/07, Jeanette Hofmann <jeanette at wz-berlin.de> wrote:
> > > Actually I didn't think of a tax in the literal sense. I rather thought
> > > of the revenue raised from .org etc.
> >
> > A significant portion of which is already used to fund Internet
> > Governance fora.
> >
> > McTim
>
> Which ones,

Here are some of them (for the .org revenue): IETF, RFCs, ETSI, IRTF,
IESG, IAB, AfNOG | AfriNIC | PacNOG | SANOG | WALC, ISOC Fellowship to
the IETF, Network Training Workshops, Pan Asia Networking ICT Grants
Programme and the Regional Fund for Digital Innovation in the Latin
American and Caribbean, ccTLD Workshops.

I am sure there are others that I am missing, including participation
in IGF, WSIS and ITU fora.

> and why,

because they are the most useful, probably.

>and why not others - is the political question.

Most bang for the buck I guess.  If I were making the decisions about
whether to fund a non-binding, post-WSIS, exclusive travel and
sightseeing club or a "rubber meets the road" inclusive Internet
development program, I know what I would choose.

--
Cheers,

McTim
$ whois -h whois.afrinic.net mctim