[governance] What Will Happen [@ NARALO/ALAC/CCNSO?]

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 23:25:05 EST 2007

On Dec 16, 2007 4:44 AM,  <yehudakatz at mailinator.com> wrote:
> You think so,

I know so.  A Country Code for dialing is not the same as a ccTLD.
The links below say nowt about them being the same (altho the 2001
doc, which is outdated, mentions e164.foo*, and says "* "foo" to be
replaced with the designated ENUM Top Level Domain denominated by the
USGOV, if any").

> ITU  E.164 Codes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_country_calling_codes
> NANPA (North American Numbering Plan Area)
>
> Support and Transparent Process for ENUM Designated Zone implementations for
> the USA
>
> http://www.enum.org/information/files/enum_verisign_01.pdf
>
> -
>
> Maybe I should illustrate the alpha numeric expressions this way:
> http://(ITU-e164 code here).areacode.555.1212.(your telco)

Please. Don't.

> As Karl pointed out the 'alpha numeric expressions' only matter to the User in
> a little anyway.
>
> Besides McTim, instead of looking you up in the Phone Book,
> I'll look you up in the Face Book, and Num ya.
>
> --
> ITU  E.164 Ref.: http://www.itu.int/itudoc/itu-t/com2/circ/01-04/105.html

I am well aware of this procedure, as it is one I had to follow while
working at the RIPE NCC.

--
Cheers,

McTim