[governance] Re: Microsoft skills training in Bhutan curriculum

Carlos Afonso ca at rits.org.br
Mon Dec 10 18:13:00 EST 2007

Microsoft is a kind of virtual Coca-Cola for most countries... In the
case of Coke, most countries (incredibly) do not have their own soft
drinks, due to the absolute dominance of this world monopoly on flavored
gaseous water, aka the dark water of imperialism. I know, if a national
soft drink is popular, the Coke magnates will either overrun it or adopt
it and make money out of it. They tried to do this in Brazil with dozens
of local producers of guaranĂ¡ (managed to bankrupt many of them), but
this drink is so established which they now produce a (lousy) version of it.

It seems M$-Cola has huge leverage with less developed areas'
governments, probably due to a misunderstanding (or lack of interest) on
how the "donations" work and their consequences. But they could have
their own "soft drink" -- in this case, free and open source software.

--c.a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org