[governance] What happened at the NARALO/ALAC/CCNSO?

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 15:46:46 EST 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 10:06 PM,  <yehudakatz at mailinator.com> wrote:
> McTim,
>
> The day your Phone-Number becomes a web address
> (http://area.phone.num.com/), the reality will hit home.

My phone number won't BE a web "address" per se, but might be an ENUM
entry in the DNS one day.  It would look like this:

6.6.6.5.8.6.2.8.7.6.5.2.e164.arpa

With my providers DNS server being responsible for this part: 6.6.6.5.8.6.2.8.7

an as yet to be named entity (probably the Uganda Communications
Commission if they take my advice) having the delegation for the 6.5.2

The ITU and RIPE NCC handling delegations for the .e164 bit

and the IANA and the IAB handling delegations for .arpa

and of course the IANA handling the unseen trailing dot (root).

Since .arpa has already been delegated, there is little left for ICANN
to do here.

--
Cheers,

McTim