[governance] What happened at the NARALO/ALAC/CCNSO?

Jacqueline A. Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Wed Dec 5 11:55:32 EST 2007

I'm way confused by the reasoning here...

How does ALAC (an administrative group of 10 people "representing" others
(voted by the RALOS) and 5 put in by NomCom to "represent" the global
balance ) have an oversight function towards the USG? I don't recall this
anywhere in the bylaws, the RALO MoUs, anywhere.

ALAC is (if you read the MoUs with the regions) required to do what the
RALOs want. If the RALO doesn't want it, then ALAC isn't required to do
anything. The ALAC may come up with something and send it down to the
regions and say - hey - this is interesting and we think it might be
something that At Large might want to weigh in on...
Is this what you think should have happened for this US issue?

Given that it was raised by a USan to the NARALO, which didn't choose to
take it up as a cause, is that a failure of the system? Or showing the
strength of the system?

Maybe if the issue were well described and people could see how it affected
them, there might have been interest.

" Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility - We had a
*Responsibility*  and failed "
What does the failure of this list (not affiliated to ICANN in any way
officially, far less At Large) have to do with the AtLarge structure being a
failure or ALAC being a failure?

I am still very very confused and not sure at all what point you are trying
to get across.
Sorry
Jacqueline

Checked by AVG Free Edition.