[governance] Re: IG questions that are not ICANN [was: Irony]

Lee McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Tue Dec 4 01:16:00 EST 2007

Hi,

In this world of glass houses/semi-transparent processes, I also believe
it would be a mistake not to take advantage as Bill and Suresh are
suggesting, of what the ITU can do/where it is contributing, even if
that is not the whole story.

For example, if big chunks of industry think the ITU's next generation
networks standards will 'resolve' major parts of the cybersecurity
puzzle, I would advise civil society to be paying attention to ITU too.
As apparently a few individuals are doing.  And if Suresh is offering a
way into the labyrinth, some CSers should step through. After you ; )

Lee

Prof. Lee W. McKnight
School of Information Studies
Syracuse University
+1-315-443-6891office
+1-315-278-4392 mobile
>>> suresh at hserus.net 12/04/07 12:43 AM >>>
Why ask for a seat at the table in ICANN for that matter?

This - again - sounds like sour grapes.

	srs

     governance at lists.cpsr.org

     governance at lists.cpsr.org