[governance] Re: IG questions that are not ICANN [was: Irony]

Ian Peter ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Mon Dec 3 15:03:57 EST 2007

Meryem, I totally agree with you as regards the issues and the necessary
structures - but do note Suresh's comments that the Anti Spam Coalition is
tending to move towards addressing cybercrime issues outside its immediate
area of concentration - perhaps it’s the combination of regulators and
industry exploring what to do next?

As any follower of ICANN would realize, scope creep is pretty common (and
probably necessary) where there is a void due to lack of appropriate
structures to deal with issues.

Ian Peter