[governance] Drop ALAC altogether??

Danny Younger dannyyounger at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 1 15:29:47 EST 2007

Serious discussions tend to consider all the options.
There was a time when the Protocol Supporting
Organization was dropped from the ICANN roster of
constituent bodies; so too was the DNSO General
Assembly eliminated as a representative unit.  From
time to time, organizations can get dropped from the
ICANN roster of constituent bodies.

As I understand it, we are now attempting to have a
serious discussion as to whether the ALAC has outlived
its usefulness.  You would think that ICANN Staff
would be supportive of an effort to frankly discuss
the performance and operation of a unit that is up for
review, and that likely should be eliminated.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org