[governance] Re: IG questions that are not ICANN [was: Irony]

Rudi Vansnick rudi.vansnick at isoc.be
Sat Dec 1 03:50:01 EST 2007

In 2006 we have been involved in debates around illegal online gambling.
During several meetings with different ministry representatives we
revealed the difficulty of those ministries to work together. Due to the
lack of existing law, or effective law, inside the country most of the
cases got filed... So what if inside a country there is no possibility
of prosecuting the offenders ? With this sample I want to prove the fact
government alone is not able to solve topics such as cybercrime, we have
to get attention of all possible stakeholders in order to close down
virtual offenders. Any organisation close to the Internet should at
least take care of the principles needed to get results by working
together with others ... Sometimes we are just looking for ourself and
our organisations, loosing contact and view on how others are able to
cooperate with us...

Rudi Vansnick
President - CEO Internet Society Belgium vzw//
http://www.isoc.be

     governance at lists.cpsr.org