[governance] MAG future

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au
Mon Aug 27 22:05:12 EDT 2007

Taran Rampersad wrote:
> Vittorio Bertola wrote:
>> The real problem is that the IGF was born with high hopes, but was
>> quickly dragged downwards by power struggles, short-sightedness and
>> crossed fears.
>>
>> I agree with Bertrand, civil society should focus on preparing and
>> presenting a proposal for the post-Rio IGF that restores the initial
>> hopes, finding a way to implement the mandate that is not threatening
>> to the Internet community, and ensuring some clarity, transparency and
>> democracy in the internal procedures of the IGF.
> Concur.

I also concur.  Maybe you would be interested in reading chapter 6 of my
PhD thesis (now complete in draft) which aims to present just such a
proposal in detail.  Browse or download it from
http://www.malcolm.id.au/thesis.

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor
     governance at lists.cpsr.org