[governance] GAID Youth Forum on Youth - "Youth and ICT as Agents of Change" - 24 to 26 September 2007

CONGO WSIS - Philippe Dam wsis at ngocongo.org
Wed Aug 8 10:04:23 EDT 2007

Dear all,

This is below some of the latest information we received from the organisers
of the Geneva GAID Forum on Youth and ICTs (24 to 26 September 2007).

On line registration is advised to be finalized before 10 August 2007:
http://www.un-gaid.org/civicrm/event/register?id=1
<http://www.un-gaid.org/civicrm/event/register?id=1&reset=1> &reset=1.

The programme is now finalized (version is now online:
http://www.un-gaid.org/fr/gfyouth/agenda and attached). But the organisers
are still welcoming proposals for the Forum's marketplace (see web-page on
the marketplace: http://www.un-gaid.org/fr/gfyouth/marketplace).

Opening and closing ceremonies of the Forum are expected to feature speakers
at the ministerial level. 400-600 youth representatives are also expected to
participate in this event.

Best,

Philippe

  _____

De la part de Sarbuland Khan
Objet : [GAID Strategy Council] GAID - Global Forum on Youth,
Geneva,Switzerland, 24-26 September 2007

Dear Ccolleagues,

As you are aware, GAID will hold a Global Forum on Youth and ICT for
Development from 24 to 26 September 2007 in Geneva, Switzerland.

Guided by the theme "Youth and ICT as Agents of Change", the Forum is being
organized by GAID and the International Telecommunication Union (ITU), in
partnership with United Nations agencies and organizations, youth
organizations and networks, and civil society and private sector
organizations. We expect the participation of some 400 to 600 young people,
as well as ICT for Development policy-makers and practitioners from all
sectors and regions.

We look forward to your active engagement and participation in this event.
Registration is done on line at http://www.un-gaid.org/gfyouth. If you need
further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the GAID Secretariat
at tel. +1-212-963-5796 or via email at sanchez2 at un.org..

Please find attached a list of hotels in Geneva,   Due to a high number of
events taking place in Geneva at the same time as the Global Forum, we
kindly urge to make your reservations now.

We look forward to seeing you in Geneva.

With best regards,

Sarbuland Khan