[governance] Re: ccTLDs and developing countries

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at internatif.org
Tue Aug 7 04:16:49 EDT 2007

On Tue, Aug 07, 2007 at 08:02:12AM +0300,
 Shakespeare wrote:

>       What's in a name? that which we call a rose
>       By any other name would smell as sweet;

For the ordinary end-user, www.nic.gh or www.ghana.com are indeed
equivalent and provide the same experience (although www.ghana.com
will resolve faster because all the name servers work).

But for the registrant, as Phil explained well, it is *not* the same
thing to be subject to the laws of California (ICANNland, USA),
Virginia (Verisignland, USA) or of his own country!
     governance at lists.cpsr.org