[governance] Programme outline and schedule released

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au
Mon Apr 30 19:48:20 EDT 2007

For those who haven't seen them, the IGF Secretariat has just released a
draft programme outline and schedule for the Rio meeting which are
linked from its Web site at http://www.intgovforum.org.

As we might have expected, they do not provide any plenary sessions for
the discussion of the IGF's role, Internet resource management, or
future Internet governance arrangements.  And rather than reducing the
overlap between sessions, there is now more overlap; with between six
and seven concurrent streams.  These include a new session for meetings
of dynamic coalitions, and a new "open forum/best practices forum".

I don't think that I have said so yet, but I am happy with Parminder's
suggestions for input into the May consultations, as amended in the
light of others' comments, and would hope that consensus can be reached
on it before 17 May so that it can be reflected in the synthesis paper
rather than only being presented verbally.

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor
     governance at lists.cpsr.org