[governance] Framework convention

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Mon Apr 23 08:47:15 EDT 2007

Hi, Norbert,
At 13:16 4/23/2007  +0200, you wrote:

>I very strongly disagree with the claim that "ICANN is the only
>working organization in the field" of Internet Governance.
>
>As far as I can see, that claim is not true for any reasonable
>definition of "Internet Governance" that I can think of.

Perhaps you haven't seen this one:

Internet governance is the development and application by
Governments, the private sector and civil society, in their
respective roles, of shared principles, norms, rules, decision-making
procedures, and programmes that shape the evolution and use of the Internet.

You can read it at http://wgig.org/WGIG-Report.html

best,
veni

     governance at lists.cpsr.org