[governance] IG and its linkage to technology

Karl Auerbach karl at cavebear.com
Sat Apr 14 14:23:50 EDT 2007

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron wrote:

> The topic is commendable in that it can enable the mapping of outcome
> as we take into account the different interests of all partners
> -strategic/boundary.The topic further tickles in the handling of the
> technological aspect of IG

> Let the debate roll, therefore.

Thanks for the positive response.

It is perhaps a bit premature to begin a debate.  The issue needs to be
framed with much greater precision.  And, as has been mentioned, there
are other possible topics.

And any discussion of these matters requires the presence of the people
and groups who have the primary knowledge about the machinery that such
governance would affect: ISPs.

When I've thought about the topic of a system to obtain end-to-end path
quality assurance (and again, I emphasize, not guarantees) I've felt
that the outcome, whatever it is, should be a soft system that permits
and enables ISPs and end users (or end-ISPs representing their users) to
cooperate rather than a more rigid system that would require such
cooperation.

		--karl--

     governance at lists.cpsr.org