[governance] Where are we going?

David Goldstein goldstein_david at yahoo.com.au
Sat Apr 14 03:21:19 EDT 2007

Having worked for an agency that deals with people who are blind and vision impaired, the main problem I encountered with the people dealing with internet etc was ensuring people who designed websites made them accessible. There's often little interest from most web designers, both those designing for websites intended for large and small numbers of users.

A label won't help much for someone with a disability if the website is not accessible in the first place!

Anyway, from what I can work out from the discussion, the UN page at http://www.un.org/esa/socdev/enable/disacc00.htm should have some information of interest.

Cheers
David