[governance] Where are we going?

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Fri Apr 13 03:46:30 EDT 2007

Karl Auerbach <karl at cavebear.com> wrote:

> > Well, the proposal text is here:
> >
> > http://intgovforum.org/Substantive_1st_IGF/SwissInternetUserGroup.txt
>
> I believe that this has already already been done, deployed, and,
> unfortunately, ignored by web users and web content providers alike.
>
> Take a look at "Platform for Internet Content Selection (PICS)" at
> http://www.w3.org/PICS/

Did you read what I wrote?  I'm talking about a _certification_
process, which verifies e.g. accessibility for people with
disabilities, where after successful certification sites get the
right to use a certification mark called "Internet Quality Label"
or whatever.

I'm not talking about duplicating the work that has already been
done in creating specifications about how to communicate metadata
like "this site has been certified" in a machine-readable manner.

Greetings,
Norbert.

--
Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch>                    http://Norbert.ch