[governance] RE: In the wake of RegisterFly, is ICANN taking flight?

David Allen David_Allen_AB63 at post.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 10 12:25:52 EDT 2007

It seems there is a key distinction to be drawn here.

When the larger world is the audience, then
political realities may require strong positions
'in opposition.'  When CS is talking to itself on
the other hand, civility is likely prerequisite
for deliberations-in-the-group that have some
hope to be productive.  At least that is what
experience shows.

Both would have a place, according to circumstance.

David