[governance] Purposes of DNS (Was: Where are we going?)

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 6 18:43:51 EDT 2007

All that is good to know, and yes, saying the *the whole
purpose* of the DNS is semantics *would* be restrictive. Still,
most of the policy problems we are wrestling with are not due to
the technical community, and I don't find many people from the
general community (users, at large) who relate much to the
applications you're referring to. But again, you're right that
the DNS fulfil other functions than the one I *only* emphasized
earlier.

Mawaki

     governance at lists.cpsr.org