[governance] ICANN Board Vote Signals Era of Censorship in Domain Names

David Goldstein goldstein_david at yahoo.com.au
Wed Apr 4 01:19:39 EDT 2007

OK, it's ICM's standards which no doubt would equal something like America's standards, hence reinforcing the view that it's America's internet, not a global internet.

The confusion doesn't exist in my mind though. There is a very real possibility of governments enforcing pornography to be registered in a .xxx TLD.

I'm aware the TLD would be available for people to register domain names with around the world.

I also find problematic that people/companies predominately, or largely at least, will register with a TLD such as .xxx to protect their brand. So in effect it's a money making exercise.

David