[governance] Political Implications of DNSSEC: Serial Blog begins today

Milton Mueller Mueller at syr.edu
Mon Apr 2 14:07:37 EDT 2007

Today, IGP launches a month-long series of blog entries on DNS security,
focusing specifically on the problem of cryptographically signing the
DNS root zone. We will explore some of the hidden and not-so-hidden
political implications of this technical change.

http://blog.internetgovernance.org/

We will show how DNSSEC implementation, if handled properly, creates an
opportunity to overcome some of the thorny global governance issues
associated with the current root zone file management procedure. These
postings -- hopefully with the aid of your comments -- will evolve into
a new position paper on the politics and economics of DNSSEC to be
released in May. The ideas will be discussed at the Symposium on
"Internet Governance and Security: Exploring Global and National
Solutions," in Washington, DC, May 17, 2007.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org