[governance] Voting progress on charter after day 1

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Sep 20 12:54:06 EDT 2006

Hi,

I know it has only been a day but I wanted to send an update and a
reminder.

Update:

- So far 11 people have voted.  This is a good start at the minimum
threshold of 50 votes that are required for the vote to count.
- I have fixed one misfeature that did not allow some voters to hit
return (i.e those users whose mail systems ignore the X-reply-to header)

Reminder:

This a 4 part ballot open until the end of day 2 Oct 2006

To vote:
- send plain text email to:  igc-voters at igcaucus.org
- with the correct subject (shown below)
- with the proper command (shown below)

1. Base charter

Subject:  IGC Charter vote

--->if you support the charter then your message body should look like:
eVote yes

-->if you do not support the charter then your message body should
look like:
eVote no

----------
2. Is voting open or closed

Subject: igc voting style

--> if you support that all voting be by secret vote then your
message body should look like:
eVote
1. y

--> if you support open voting with the option of a closed vote then
your message body should look like:
eVote
2. y

----------

3. How is the IGC Appeals team selected

Subject: IGC Appeals Team vote

--> if you support using a nominating committee process to select the
appeals team then your message body should look like:
eVote
1. y

--> if you support using a voting process to select the appeals team
then your message body should look like:
eVote
2. y

----------

4. How does the IGC pick its nominees for other bodies, e.g. the IGF
advisory group

Subject: IGC Nominations vote

--> if you support using a nominating committee process to select the
slates of nominees then your message body should look like:
eVote
1. y

--> if you support using a voting process to select the nominees then
your message body should look like:
eVote
2. y

----------

Note it is important that the message body be
- plain text
- eVote is the first word in the first line with no characters, not
even spaces, proceeding it
- for those cases [2-4] where there is a second line of the message
-- the number must be the first character in the second line
-- there must be a space between the period and the y

Also note, that you can check on the status of the vote with:  eVote
info
and that you can change your vote any time until the vote closes by
voting again

For the adventurous: there are more things you do, to find out what
send a message:
eVote help

As always please let me know about any difficulties you may experience.

thanks
a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org