[governance] charter Ballot

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Mon Sep 18 15:08:51 EDT 2006

Hi,

Shortly, i will be initiating the charter ballots.  The vote will
segmented into 4 ballots:

- basic charter

3 open unresolved topic from Charter discussions

- method of selecting appeals team members (nomcom or ballot)
- method of selecting nominees to external bodies (nomcom or ballot)
- voting style - secret ballots or open ballot

As written in the "Acceptance of the Charter" section of the proposed
charter:

- In order for the charter to succeed, at least 50 votes must be
received with 2/3 or better approving.

- Each of the other ballots will be decide by simple majority of
those voting without a minimum vote requirement.  Of course these
votes will be moot if the charter does not pass.

As discussed this will be a secret ballot, though the names of those
who have voted will be published.

The vote will be open for 2 weeks until the end of Monday 2 October
2006 - anytime zone.  I will send out an email message announcing the
immanent close of the ballot an hour before I close the vote on 3
October. I will send out periodic reminders of the ballot over the
next 2 weeks.

As those who have been following this process know, the voting list
has been set up and tested by some of the voters.  The test vote 'how
is the weather' will remain open for anyone who still wishes to test
the voting process to make sure that they have the format correct
   - plain text
   - subject line = to the name of the vote
   - first word in message must be eVote

Please read the instructions included the ballot and please follow them.

Please feel free to contact me with any problems.

thanks
a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org