[governance] the continuing NN debate

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Wed Sep 6 02:32:34 EDT 2006

hi,

personally, i think so too.  i am afraid that governments would use
the process of a Framework Convention to shut everyone else out.
they still believe that they are the only actors with legitimacy.
and since 'legitimacy' is self defined by governments, it stands to
reason that they will not lightly give way.

this is not to say, that they would not give token observer status to
some few from CS and the private sector - especially the private
sector whose company they seem to prefer.  but neither the civil
society nor the private sector participants would have any meaningful
participation when it comes to deliberations or to making any of the
decisions.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org