[governance] New French Govt ICANN GAC/ Governance Rep.

Robert Guerra rguerra at lists.privaterra.org
Wed Oct 25 12:38:37 EDT 2006

my personal view is as follows:

- CSB members should resign, as the structure's specific mandate - to
help facilitate and coordinate logistical issues during the WSIS  - has
been completed.

- CS Plenary, should start a consultation process similar to the one
completed by the governance caucus. The consultation process would have
as its aim to come up with a specific mandate for a logistical
coordinating body and how many seats it has

- The proposed document would be voted on (as was the case for the
governance caucus). If approved, then seats on the body would be opened
for election.

Again, the Governance caucus is a good model to build on.

In the meantime, the key function of information sharing - should still
be done by the INDIVIDUAL organizations (such as CONGO) that have been
doing so in their individual capacity .

regards

Robert

     governance at lists.cpsr.org