[governance] The vote for coordinators and call for nominations

Avri Doria avri at psg.com
Wed Oct 25 05:52:59 EDT 2006

Hi,

With 2 days to go, I have received notice from 2 candidates.

Again no disrespect meant to the two who have agreed to be
candidates, but I would hope there would be more interest being
coordinator of this caucus.

On 15 okt 2006, at 13.04, Avri Doria wrote:

> Regardless of which option we take, I am putting out a two week
> call for nominees as of today and ending on 28 October. I am
> proposing using a single set of nominees, whichever of the options
> we use.
>
> Nominees should provide me with
>  - contact points
>  - country of residence
>  - gender
>  - and with a brief statement/bio

   in thinking about it, i think a statement is more important then a
bio, though some bio information may be good too.

> That I will post on www.igcaucus.org by the time all the
> nominations are in.

Even though I have not yet received statements from the candidates, I
have created a web page for listing the candidates.

http://www.igcaucus.org/IGC-candidates-2006.html

Once I receive their statements, I will add them.  I will also list
other candidates as they come in.

Note:  the person working on the web interface has not been able to
complete it.  We may end up using the email voting method again.
with the IGF coming on, I certainly don't have time to try and do
something about it.  Also I will probably wait until after the IGF to
initiate the vote.  I am wondering if there is support for leaving
the nomination period open until after the IGF, for example until 4
November.

thanks

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org