[governance] IGC's questions to the IGF

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au
Tue Oct 24 10:09:36 EDT 2006

Vittorio Bertola wrote:
> About "petitioning", I addressed the document to "all fellow IGF
> participants", I think that is more in line with Adam's observations.

Yes, that's much better.  Or if we wanted to steer away from "petition"
altogether it could perhaps become a "manifesto".  It's just a title,
really.

> In the end, while I support it, I think that the point on ICANN &
> enhanced cooperation (which is a substance point where there is lots of
> heated disagreement) does not really fit with the rest, which is all on
> process. Perhaps it could be pruned?

Sure, I agree.

> In general, this is now too long and I agree with Bill that we might
> want to shorten it and only focus on a few key points, I'es, I d say full
> respect of the mandate, deliberative processes, working groups, and AG
> representation. We could easily strike the entire two initial paras, for
> example.

I have no problem with that.  I was trying to preserve as much as I
could of Parminder's text, but if he's happy (or enough other people
are) then I'm happy.

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor
     governance at lists.cpsr.org