[governance] Program for IGC at IGF

George Sadowsky george.sadowsky at attglobal.net
Sun Oct 22 09:01:20 EDT 2006

Avri,

Let's look at access policy _within_ a country, e.g. licensing of
ISPs, decisions with regard to ISP liability, monopoly telecomm
carriers, not-level playing fields, licensing of ISPs, licensing of
wireless frequencies and devices.  etc.  These are all issues of
national policy.

It may be that international best practices can provide good
guidelines, but these are more likely to be de facto standards set by
industry than the result of intergovernmental action.

Perhaps we have different definitions of policy.

George

     governance at lists.cpsr.org