[governance] FYI: UN Secretary-General Acceptance Speech

mpazello at oi.com.br mpazello at oi.com.br
Sat Oct 21 19:46:13 EDT 2006

Hi,

I believe the file in attachment is of interesting. I would like to
highlight the SG's comments below on Civil Society.  The comments can
be found on the page marked 009 in the acceptance speech enclosed.

"I will be accessible and proactive in reaching out to all
stakeholders.  In particular, to bring the UN closer to the people, I
will widely engage civil society in dialogue.  I will actively seek
the support and input of advocacy groups, businesses, and other
constituents of the global citizenry for the good of the Organization."

best,

Magaly

     governance at lists.cpsr.org