SV: [governance] Main sessions @ IGF

David Goldstein goldstein_david at yahoo.com.au
Tue Oct 17 20:17:53 EDT 2006

Hi Kicki and everyone,

This is something I raised in a forum at the Wellington ICANN meeting and something I've been conscious of for a while... and had been thinking of commenting on. The digital divide is not just about north and south, rich and poor, but also about the disabled and abled-bodied. In my other life I work for a charity that deals with people who are blind and vision impaired, and deafblind, and the access of our clients to the online world is quite restricted.

Thanks for raising the issue Kicki, as it's a very important one, and a very ignored one.

Cheers
David

Don't forget to check out http://technewsreview.com.au/ for updates and recent internet/technology news.