[governance] Main sessions @ IGF

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Tue Oct 17 12:06:52 EDT 2006

Adam Peake ha scritto:
> Arranging panelists for the main sessions is ongoing.  Finding a balance
> from among people known to be attending is not easy. (Has to be from
> people known to be going, the secretariat has no cash to bring anyone.)

I thought the question might be of interest to everyone: how are these
sessions organized? A set of panelists picked by the AG, and then open
discussion from the floor? Will there be a Chair's summary of the
session? Should positions be in writing? Presented in advance?

How does the average participant raise his/her own issues and gets them
addressed, or at least reflected in the final summary of the IGF? From
the floor? Or by finding a panelist that can mention them? Or - to be
practical ;) - by lobbying the Secretariat?

Sorry for the abundance of ?'s, I know this is a work in progress... but
I'd hate to have been waiting for one year, come to Athens with a couple
of "urgent issues that are not being dealt with elsewhere", and then
fail to get them at least recorded in the proceedings, if not discussed.
I think that civil society should at least have a way to flag issues for
subsequent work in "dynamic coalitions".
     governance at lists.cpsr.org