[governance] Caucus meeting in Athens

Ralf Bendrath bendrath at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 17 09:59:05 EDT 2006

William Drake wrote:

> Larger might be justified if we a) get the event listed on the
> conference center's electronic bulletin board and on the IGF website
> space for "related events"
That should not be a problem. I guess Adam could do this for us?

> b) print up some flyers to hand or lay around;
No big deal, too. There will be a cyber cafe with printers, right?

> do outreach beyond the list.
Which would be: Having it announced on the IGF website, the IGFAthens
website, and in the various blogs that have sprung up. Also, no big deal
once we have agreed on the agenda.

> Otherwise we could be a smallish group in a cavernous hall, which is
> never good aesthetically or operationally.
Don't underestimate the image civil society has managed to build up in the
WSIS process. And especially the Internet Governance Caucus has a high
reputation among many stakeholders now. And it is the caucus directly
working on the IGF theme. Plus, it's the first day and people will be
looking for orientation and introduction sessions.

I'd expect around 100 people, maybe more.

Ralf
     governance at lists.cpsr.org