[governance] Caucus meeting in Athens

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Tue Oct 17 04:27:45 EDT 2006

Adam Peake ha scritto:
> Whoever considers themselves coordinators, get coordinating please :-)

You know, that might be an empty set! :-) Anyway, I would suggest that,
if possible, we keep the two things parted.

One might be a short and small coordination meeting among the current
caucus members, where we discuss practical issues such as the election
process (and candidates, if you like) and a possible process statement
to be given afterwards in the plenary (which should, anyway, be first
drafted and discussed on list).

Another one might be a short but broader informational meeting, open to
everyone in a big room, aimed at informing all civil society and
individual participants of the opportunity to participate through us. We
could just come up with a set of slides about what we did and how you
can join, and do outreach. It could actually turn into a sort of
"introduction to new participants to this process", a bit like ICANN's
introduction at the beginning, and so it could actually be a service to
the entire Forum. But then, this would require a big room on the first
day, and I don't know whether that's feasible. On the other hand, the
other, "internal" meeting could be moved out of the critical path, for
example at dinner or just before it, after the Forum ends for the first day.

> Other things going on during lunch will be the new informal plaza (and
> food.)

And don't forget about food... people less crazy than us tend to put it
as a high priority item :-)
     governance at lists.cpsr.org