Fw: [governance] [WSIS CS-Plenary] Highlights of GAID Steering Committee - contributions

Parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Wed Oct 11 00:48:16 EDT 2006

Dear Sergie,

Thanks for your reassurance. As I said the noted comments came to me as
quite a surprise, because with the UN background/anchorage of GAID, one is
assured that the basic canons of 'public spaces' and 'policy spaces' with
not be compromised, as innovations, both of process and substance, are
sought.

In fact, even after reading the meeting records, I would have been inclined
to give a benign interpretation to it, but what troubled me most was the
phrase 'according to an indicative scale' in the line "annual contributions
(in cash or in  kind), according to an indicative scale. ". The mention of
this term looked prescriptive to me, and hence my email.

However, I am now happy with your clarification.

My best wishes to GAID, and I hope you attract a lot of funding for an area
which is such a 'basic enabler' for development.

regards

Parminder

Parminder Jeet Singh

IT for Change, Bangalore