[governance] Fwd: [gnso-dow123] Note from Paul Twomey regarding WHOIS clause in the Affirmation of Responsibilities Re

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Thu Oct 5 09:38:18 EDT 2006

At 10:21 PM 05.10.2006 '?.'Ъ┬Ж  +0900, Chun Eung Hwi wrote:

>Danny Younger's questions are mine as well.

I am sorry that I can't respond on behalf of
ICANN - but obviously there's a way to address such questions to ICANN, right?

>Maybe, anybody who read the point 5 of JPA carefully would have had such
>questions in their minds.

I've read the whole JPA, including point 5, and I
have responded to this (and other questions), and
I have asked questions, and I have received

>policy rather than any other issues. You should understand this
>sensitivity in this community.

Yes, I see that this community here is quite
sensitive. Interestingly enough, some of the
community members are not so sensitive, when they
have to ask questions to the right people.
Instead they attack me, who happen to be on the
Board, because I wouldn't respond "for ICANN".

>Of course, we could have different views, but what matters is to ensure
>the principle of bottom-up consensus no matter what some governments
>intend to do. For this purpose, we should ask legitimate questions and
>clarify some suspicious points as much as possible. Fortunately or
>unfortunately, I have learned this lesson from my experience in ICANN.

I agree with you - and Danny could ask me any
questions, but should not get upset when I just
point him he's asking me the wrong questions.

Sincerely,
Veni Markovski
http://www.veni.com

check also my blog: