[governance] ICANN DOC: The EU commission's perspective

Milton Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Oct 3 16:39:12 EDT 2006

>>> veni at veni.com 10/3/2006 2:37 AM >>>
>why do you have to be so unhappy

I am, in fact, quite happy at the moment. Life is good generally. Are
you unhappy?

> when people are
>saying that the end of the MoU is good for the Internet?

Veni, I have been saying the end of the MoU would be good for the
internet for longer than you have been involved. The problem is that I
dont' see how the JPA ends the MoU. Some other people have pointed out
to me that the EC may have a private, informal agreement with the U.S.
It's possible, but unlikely in  my opinion because the 2009 date takes
us into the time of a new U.S. government, the Bush admin. will be gone.

>What if the IGP analysis you quote might have
>misinterpreted the wording of the JPA?

I'd be happy to see you identify any wording that conflicts with my
interpretation.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org