Re(2): [governance] Results from the charter ballot

Jonathan Robin jonathanrobin at messagerie.net
Tue Oct 3 16:25:30 EDT 2006

Dear Avri, all,

I would like to add my congratulations for the transparent and appropriate
and successful process adopted for this vote

As a "concerned" and formerly active contributor and currently pessimistic
lurker it is heartwarming to witness the sustained commitment by many
names I recognize on the voting list.

It is also disturbing to note that quality is not reflected in quantity
despite the networks that may be alerted in which this lists actors often
play a decisive part.

Perhaps we may see a light at the end of the tunnel after the U.S.
elections providing there is no corresponding growth in overconcentration
of political power in the hands of the European Commission

However the issues facing us are both complicated and linked to spin off
of emerging technology convergence whose evolution and whose implications
are difficult to foresee and more difficult to alert as much is filtered
or distorted as it percolates through the system.

Wishing you all luck

Best regards Jonathan

profile: http://www.icdri.org/JR.htm

     governance at lists.cpsr.org