[governance] ICANN DOC

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Mon Oct 2 04:11:39 EDT 2006

Adam Peake ha scritto:
> In the paragraph about the multi-stakeholder model the annex says "ICANN
> will strive to increase engagement with the Private Sector"
> (capitalized? only in that sentence). Private sector singled out and no
> mention of the user community and floundering at large anywhere.

Well, not really floundering. Swimming decently in a sea of sharks, I'd
say :-P
In any case, I support your observations, but I have a question: in the
end, will there be any (formal, informal, sideways...) timeslot for
discussing ICANN structure and enhanced cooperation at the IGF? Sure,
this may not be a bombshell, but still is a piece of news worth examining.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org