[governance] NomCom Process Call/Proposal

Izumi AIZU aizu at anr.org
Wed Nov 22 23:04:46 EST 2006

Hi,
Happy Thanksgiving for those who celebrate it!
In Japan, we have no such a thing and most people are not
aware of it at all. Recently, Halloween became much more popular.

Anyway, thanks for all who have volunteered to the NomCom candidate
pool. So far we got 13, not a bad start, but that is just half of what
we need. After your Thanksgiving, please apply if that's the case. If
you don't have thanksgiving at all, please do it NOW!!

Please see here for the names:
http://www.igcaucus.org/2006-AT-volunteers.html

For the next step, here is my plan. Please give any comment/advice.

When we reach 20, I will decide the source of Lotto - from among
the following candidates:

       - Irish national Lottery http://www.lotto.ie/
       - UK national lottery http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/
       - US Powerball http://www.powerball.com

And, we will use the result of these sources from the Dec 16th drawing.

I like to ask Avir to do the drawing, though anyone can do the drawing
and gets the same result.

Is this OK?

izumi
     governance at lists.cpsr.org