[governance] One more thing

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Mon Nov 20 14:52:50 EST 2006

Hi,

A thing I forgot to mention:

There was some discussion about when the vote would take place for
coordinators in 2007 and 2008.

Since the election was so late this year, it was suggested that the
vote in 2007 be held after the IGF meeting in Rio - perhaps the
nominations can be done before the meeting and the vote after in mid
November.  The election in 20008 would then be held on the scheduled
proposed in the charter - around the summer solstice or there about.

This was never discussed on this list, so of course you all need to
buy into this schedule, but it seems reasonable to me as otherwise
Vittorio would only be coorindator for 6 months.

I wish I had remembered to discuss this before, but it slipped my
mind over the last 3 weeks.  I suggest that any discussion of this
now be handled by Parminder, since - as the 2 year term holder, it
does not directly affect his term.

Thanks and apologies.

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org