[governance] Nomcom Chair for Appeals Team

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Nov 16 10:44:52 EST 2006

Hi,

As my tenure as interim coordinator draws to a close (2 more days) I
am happy to announce that I have  found a volunteer to lead the
Nomcom to select appeals team. Izumi Aizu, well known to most of us
and a long time IGC contributor, has agreed to take on the role as
the non voting chair of the nomcom.

I am sure he will be writing to the caucus in the next few days
outlining how he will apply the guidelines contained in http://
www.igcaucus.org/nomcom-process.html including dates for the various
processes.  I have suggested that he try to shorten the process from
2 months, as indicated as optimal in the guidelines, but that will be
his decision.  It is difficult to shorten it by very much maybe a
week or two.

Please help make his job easier by first volunteering for the nomcom
lottery and then later by suggesting good candidates for the appeals
team.

Thank you Izumi!

a.

     governance at lists.cpsr.org