[governance] Conference: Internet and the Law

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Wed Nov 15 18:05:46 EST 2006

I also thought it's a scam.
However, I spent some time on the phone with
different Arkanzas institutions; it took a while,
but at the end I found out someone who said they
have indeed planned this event. However, I didn't
get confirmation by e-mail, I believe.

If someone has confirmation by e-mail from
somoene in Arkanzas, please, post it here.

veni

At 02:01 PM 15.11.2006 '?.'Ъ▄Ж  -0800, Bret Fausett wrote:
>Sylvia, as near as I can tell this is some sort of scam. They are even
>trying to charge speakers mandatory "travel insurance" and other "fees" for
>the privilege of speaking. I'd skip it.
>

>On 10/5/06 9:50 AM, "Sylvia Caras" <sylvia.caras at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is anyone here planning to go to this next April?  I had hoped to
> > attend the whole thing but there are no registration scholarships
> > being offered.  I'm wondering whether to just go for one day and then
> > do some touring in the area.
> >
> > Sylvia
> >
> > Center for International Legal Studies:
> >
> > Sessions will deal with topics such as Internet Governance beyond the
> > Nation State, Cyber Regulation, Convergence of Telecommunications, PC
> > and Broadcast; Competition; Deregulation; Free Speech vs.
> > Defamation/Hate Speech, Privacy vs. Security; Consumer Protection,
> > Cryptography, Domain Name, Open Source, Patents, Copyright,
> > Trademarks, Cybercrime and Terrorism, E-Commerce, Legal Liability and
> > e-Transactions, Property and Piracy, Telemarketing Fraud et. al. // An
> > informal networking dinner kicks off proceedings on Wednesday, 25
> > April. The Thursday dinner and reception is hosted at the William J.
> > Clinton Presidential Library and Museum and will include private tours
> > of the museum. Friday is open for optional hospitality and individual
> > dinners and the symposium will conclude Saturday with a dinner at the
> > Peabody Hotel.
> >

> http://cils.net/conferences/conference.php?ConferenceID=183&&PHPSESSID=0911582
> > 329da21792f1b7aed04188e7a

Sincerely,