[governance] Revised version of letter to IGF re Web site

Nyangkwe Agien Aaron nyangkweagien at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 08:17:40 EST 2006

Kieren

I am cooling off, since you got my point 5/5. That is another credit
to this forum. Forumites to heed and listen and to others, that is
what makes results of what comes out from here purpose oriented all
the time.
I look forward to a positive outcome to the letter so as to enable a
"forward march"
Let's get on board.

Warmly
Nyangkwe

On 11/15/06, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:
> At 1:36 PM +0100 11/15/06, Ralf Bendrath wrote:
> >Nice letter. Thanks, Jeremy and Kieren.
> >
> >One suggestion: Give one or two more concrete examples. An obvious
> >one is the space for dynamic coalitions. It would be great to have
> >e.g. an URL like <http://coalitions.intgovforum.org/privacy/> for
> >the dynamic coalition on privacy, where we would have CMS, wiki and
> >FTP access for coalition coordinators or members.
>

> My guess --and this is just a personal opinion, I have no insight on
> this from any discussion in the advisory group-- is that the requests
> in the letter will be too much at the moment.
>
> To have the coalitions listed on the IGF site and associated with the
> IGF is enough for now.  You can brand them as IGF (just as the
> workshops took on the brand.)  This is a great success (and not so
> easily achieved.)  The IGF is on track to become what people dreamed
> of it -- so let it grow, but don't rub our vision and success in
> other stakeholders faces.
>
> Asking for a single website now is most likely asking for too much.
> Let the coalitions grow, they will be successful and will slowly come
> in from this arms length relationship with the formal process.
>
> By all means offer to help. Why not just leave it at that.  A letter
> of thanks to the secretariat and Mr Desai, and offer the caucus'
> support and help, particularly in developing the website and online
> tools.  See what the reply is and take it from there.
>
> Think Ralf may be right about official sounding letters requiring
> official replies.  It's still the UN.
>
> Adam
>

> >I am not a techie, so I won't volunteer to offer the service here,
> >but I have some demand right now as a coalition bootstrapper.
> >
> >One more hint: In addition to sending letters, people can just drop
> >a private mail to or even call Markus Kummer. An official letter
> >needs an official response, which sometimes can complicate things.
> >(But this specific letter should not be a problem in that regard.)
> >
> >Best, Ralf

Aaron Agien Nyangkwe
Journalist/Outcome Mapper
Special Assistant To The President