[governance] [Fwd: post Athens]

Milton Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Wed Nov 8 09:06:31 EST 2006

Robert:

>>> lists at privaterra.info 11/7/2006 8:01 AM >>>
>Hasn't IGLOO already made the offer to provide a community space?
>If I remember correctly, Don MacLean and others mentioned it at
>the GigaNet meeting a bit over a week ago.

Indeed, Don M. is brokering an arrangement whereby _GigaNet_ gets to
use IGLOO for free. Please keep in mind that we are talking about
GigaNet and GigaNet only. The IGLOO arrangement will not be a "community
space" for the IG caucus, and the IG caucus is a completely separate
entity from the GigaNet. GigaNet is set up for researchers/academics and
should not be confused with the caucus, which is a space for advocacy
groups.

As for this:

>Global Multi-Stakeholder Governance Forum
>http://www.igloo.org/multistakeholder

I think Don set that up as purely a demonstration of IGLOO's
capabilities. If there is more to it than that, if he or IGLOO are
offering to host something broader, that's fine, but please keep it
separate from GigaNet activities.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org