AW: [governance] Re: Elections for coordinators

Wolfgang Kleinwächter wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Tue Nov 7 03:31:26 EST 2006

David is right. We have to live with our procedures. If we have only two candidates and two seats and people do not feel comfortable with the situation they have an option to be a candidate next year. The rotation system we have adopted allows an annual 50 per cent renewal. Lets move foreward and discuss real issues. After we have GIGANET for academic research, the CS IGC could be much clearer an "advocacy group", representing Individual Internet Users. The IGC should do also more outreach and, where useful and necessary, coordinate its activities with related bodies like CONGO or ALAC. What about "IGC liaisons" to other bodies?

Wolfgang