[governance] IGF conclusions

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Wed Nov 1 12:01:35 EST 2006

Sorry Jeanette, I mixed the two issues so this possibly wasn't very
clear - I meant that if you are so unfortunate not to get the floor at
the plenary (which is unavoidable, not everyone in a 800 people room can
get it) and you can't funnel results from the workshops into the main
sessions, then you can't get anything about your issue into the IGF
results from the bottom.

At the same time, I agree with your point that the formal "IGF results"
are not as important as getting people to actually meet and start work
on a specific issue, and I will definitely use the opportunity to report
tomorrow morning. I'm just a bit frustrated by the apparent success of
the attempt to "emasculate" the Forum, but I take it as temporary -
getting teeth and other relevant body parts added to the structure of
the IGF will be our task for the next year.
     governance at lists.cpsr.org