[governance] IGF conclusions

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Wed Nov 1 10:06:30 EST 2006

I've just heard from Markus that there is no way that anything discussed
or agreed in a workshop can get into the IGF's official conclusions, as
per a decision by the AG. Do our AG members confirm this?

As a workshop organizer, and as a participant who was not on any panel
and was never given the floor at any plenary session, I'd find this
quite troubling. I had 100 people in my workshop lively discussing for
100 minutes - and it was a discussion, not like some workshops in which
panelists spoke for 85 minutes and then one 30 seconds comment was
allowed from the floor - and I would like to leave some trace of it into
the official summary.

I'm no fan of formal stuff, but still I'm troubled by the continued
restrictions of this IGF. How can we actually get some input from the
bottom into the final acts?

And, I hope that the final documents don't dare to include
"recommendations" that were never presented or discussed with anyone...
     governance at lists.cpsr.org